Jane fell in love with a picture of a violin at age five, and began classical Suzuki lessons soon after. At the age of seven, she discovered fiddle music through a Suzuki workshop, and has gone on to explore many styles such as Old Time, Celtic, French Canadian, Métis, Ottawa Valley, Jazz and Bluegrass. She has competed at many prestigious competitions across the country, and has performed at countless festivals, concerts, social events and charities. She has collaborated on several studio albums with artists such as Dan Frechette, Liabilities and Kyle Burghout, and released her first solo album Road Between the Saints in 2014.
In 2018, Jane became the second Manitoban ever to win the Canadian Grand Masters Fiddle Competition.
Jane has also become an established teacher around the country, both in the classical and fiddle styles. She has instructed with Frontier Fiddlers, a program through Frontier School Division that affords instruction to hundreds of students from Northern Manitoba communities. She has taught at the Peace Garden's International Music Camp, has been a private and group instructor for Fiddleheads Musical Theatre in Chelsea, Québec, and has taught privately from her own home studio since 2013.
Jane graduated from the University of Ottawa in 2018 with a Bachelor of Music violin performance degree.
- Canadian Grand Masters Fiddle Champion (2018)
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate from the University of Ottawa in violin performance (2018)
- Book 1 Violin Teacher Training Certificate from Suzuki Association of the Americas (2013)
- Manitoba Open Fiddle Champion (2018)
- Five-time 1st place winner at the International Music Camp Fiddle Contest
- Three-time Open Finalist and two-time Twin Fiddle Champion at the Pembroke Old Time Fiddling Championships
- Six-time Top 3 Championship finalist at the John Arcand Fiddle Festival
- Canadian Grand Masters Junior Showcase Performer (2010)
- Two-time Winnipeg Youth Orchestra Scholarship Competition winner
- Soloist with the Winnipeg Youth Symphony Orchestra at WE Day Manitoba (2013)
- Recipient of the Isabella Shirling Memorial Music Award (2012)
- Recipient of the Joel Gaudry Memorial Music Award (2013)
- Honours for Grade 8 and 10 Violin Examinations at the Royal Conservatory of Music
- Honours for Basic Rudiments, Advanced Rudiments, Basic Harmony and History 1 examinations at the Royal Conservatory of Music